The doctors, manager, and staff at the Practice aim to provide the best possible service to all of our patients. Your assistance is required to enable us to do so. We ask you to follow these simple guidelines:
- Please treat your doctor and their staff as you would expect to be treated – with politeness and respect.
- Please cancel appointments that you cannot attend or no longer need.
- Please do not expect a prescription every time you visit the surgery – good advice is often the best treatment.
- Please remember that you can find basic health information elsewhere – for example your local pharmacist and NHS Direct.
- Please request your repeat prescriptions in good time to avoid any delays.
- Please remember that doctors are only human – they cannot solve all your problems and some illnesses cannot be cured.
- If you do have a genuine complaint, please contact the practice manager.
Abuse or aggression:
- Patient will be sent a warning letter which states that their behaviour is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Should another incident occur then they would be given notice that they were to be removed from the practice list after 28 days and should therefore find themselves an alternative practice.
- The incident would be reported to the police.
- A request will be made for an immediate removal from the practice list.
- The Local Health Board will be notified, and a decision will be made as to whether an allocation to another GP practice should be made, or whether a referral to the safe haven would be more appropriate.